Chicken Thighs in Asian Tangerine Marinade
photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 55mins
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 tangerines
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black sesame seed
- Grate zest from tangerines, and squeeze juice into a bowl with zest.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, except chicken and sesame seeds. Whisk until well blended.
- Put thighs into a gallon zipper bag and pour marinade over thighs. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning 2-3 times.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Coat an oblong baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove thighs from marinade and place thighs, skin side up, in baking dish. Pour marinade over thighs.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until juices no longer run pink. Brush thighs a couple of times while baking, with pan juices.
- Sprinkle black sesame seeds over thighs and continue baking 5 minutes.
- Place thighs on plates and spoon sauce over them.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
In my humble opinion, this is a wonderfully different recipe for chicken! Several firsts for me ~ first time using the oyster & hoisin sauces, as well as a first for black sesame seeds! The one change I did make was in using chicken breasts [too bad chickens don't come with 4 or 5 each]! Anyway the flavors came together very nicely & the result was great! Many thanks for this one!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
WARNING: Make my recipes if you want, but I am no longer an active member and will not acknowledge reviews, photos or answer questions via z-mail. I find this site to be pretty useless without the forums. I can find recipes on a lot of different websites.