Chicken Tetrazzini, No Whipping Cream Required
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces dried spaghetti or 8 ounces linguine
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion (4)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 1 1/4 cups half-and-half or 1 1/4 cups light cream
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken or 2 cups turkey
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- Cook spaghetti or linquine according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook mushrooms and green onions in hot butter or EVOO until tender.
- Stir in flour, pepper and nutmeg. Add broth and milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in chicken, sherry (if using), and half of Parmesan cheese. Add cooked spaghetti; stir gently to coat.
- Transfer pasta mixture to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and the almonds.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love my married life and cooking for my husband, Jason! Jason is such a trooper in that he will try just about anything I cook, unless it is liver or contains mushrooms. Finding new recipes that are not to time consuming, are great for our busy lives. I love meeting people that can cook up a good dish that does not include bachelor meals like grilled cheese or hotdogs. (Just kidding....a quick hot dog meal is perfect for hot days!). I tried my hand at canning and so far it has turned out well. Thanks to all of you that have posted a great recipe for canning!