Chicken Teriyaki (Tori No Teriyaki)
I got this recipe from a Japanese cookbook my daughter got for me. This is the easiest teriyaki recipe I have ever tried.
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Wash and clean chicken, towel dry.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together.
- Marinate chicken pieces in sauce for several hours or overnight and keep in refrigerator.
- Bake: 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes turning once and baste with marinade sauce.
- Grill: Place on grill, brush with marinade sauce when chicken is half cooked. Turn several times for even cooking.
- Pan-Fry: Heat about 2 tbsp oil in a 12” skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken pieces skin side down and cook until light brown, turn to other side and do the same.
- Discard grease. Add marinade sauce. Cover and reduce heat to low and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove lid, shake skillet to let remaining marinade evaporate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this with low sodium soy sauce and it was still very salty tasting. I thought with the amount of mirin and the addition of the sugar it would mellow out the soy, but it didn't. It did have a good flavor otherwise (if you can get past the salty). I will make it again with less soy sauce and see how that works. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag.Reply