Chicken Taco Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A delicious casserole similar to tamale pie except using Fritos chips. Easy and a family fave. This is my Mom's recipe. A great football game day dish and can be versatile with any leftovers.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked shredded chicken (can use rotisserie from store)
- 1 cup chicken broth (optional)
- 1 (28 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 dash black pepper
- 15 ounces Fritos corn chips, barely crushed (about 1 1/2 bags)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream, cilantro and black olives to top (optional)
- Combine chicken with enchilada sauce, soup, onion, garlic, green chiles, cilantro and pepper.
- Line a 9x13x2 casserole dish with 1/2 of the Fritos.
- Pour chicken combo over top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with remaining Fritos.
- Pour chicken broth over top (optional: if you prefer more crunch, skip this step or try it 1/2 with/ 1/2 without for 1st time).
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Top with any or all: sour cream, chopped cilantro, green onions, black olives, hot sauce.
- Leftovers can be used for burritos, taco salads or nachos and more.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION