Chicken Taco Cups
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is from a Taste of Home magazine, with a few changes made by me. I make these for get togethers and they are requested often and usually disappear fast.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (your favorite)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, divided
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 36 wonton wrappers
- sour cream
- chopped green onion
- chopped ripe olives
- chopped green olives
- salsa (to garnish)
- Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the chicken over medium heat for 5 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Transfer chicken to a food processor; cover and process until chopped.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, onion, half the salsa, and 1°C cheese.
- Prepare a mini muffin pan by spraying cups with cooking spray. Press wonton wrapper into each cup. Bake at 375 for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Fill cups with the chicken mixture. top with remaining salsa and cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Serve warm. Put out the garnishes around the tray and let guests top as they desire.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION