Chicken, Swiss Cheese and Stuffing Bake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From cooktopcove.com Swiss cheese chicken and stuffing bake is an all-in-one casserole; nothing else is needed to make the meal complete.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 slices swiss cheese (you can also try with Pepper jack, Monterey...)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of onion soup
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (you can substitute for milk if you prefer)
- seasoned stuffing mix (we recommend garlic and herbs, but you can use the plain one as well)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 F (175 C). Grease a casserole dish and season your chicken breasts.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, mix the white wine (or the milk) with the can of cream of onion soup. Add a couple of spoonfuls of the soup and wine mixture to the casserole and spread it. Arrange your chicken breasts and cover each one of them with a slice of the cheese.
- 3. Pour the rest of the soup and wine mixture over the chicken and the cheese.
- 4. Pour the stuffing mix over the casserole and sprinkle it with the butter.
- 5. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 10-15 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Pro tip: If you're going to freeze this casserole, it's better not to add the stuffing and add it whenever you're going to eat it. That way the bread won't get soggy while it thaws. In any case, serve over rice or with a side of steamed green beans.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION