Chicken Sweet & Sour Stir-Fry
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄3 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice, cooked
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken & strips of bell pepper & cook 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Add sweet & sour sauce, dressing, soy sauce & broccoli, mixing well.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over hot rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made for Went to Market Tag. This was wonderful and I loved the mix of flavors. I did make two little changes, but I don't think that they altered the outcome of the recipe ~ I added water chestnuts because DD loves them and added a little cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce a little because DH loves a thicker sauce. Anyway, this was really good and I will make this again. Thanks for posting this Syd!
One can never have too many recipes for chicken - happy to say this is one I have added to my cookbook. Must take a closer look when I go through my mail with the recipe cards and such. I added extra broccoli and cooked up basmati rice. Served as a rice bowl. No left overs with this one. Than you Syd, can't believe anything this easy can taste so good! A recipenap for the Auz/NZ Swap.
Very nice recipe - quick and simple to make. Used small cubed chicken and served over brown rice. I added some sliced carrots to this too - this is something a local restaurant does with their sweet 'n sour and we've come to love the flavor. Made for Bevy Tag Cupid's Choice Tag Game Feb '08. Thanks Sydney Mike!
Since I used left over cooked chicken from dinner last this dish was a 10 minute wonder at most. I made this dish last night to eat for lunch today. Wasnt sure how well it would "hold" in the fridge, but ti did! I poped it in the microwave until it was heated thru, then topped it with instant rice. Super easy and tasty like most kraft recipes!