Chicken Stuffed With Savory Duxelles (Mushroom Stuffing)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Moist and richly flavorful chicken. I make this stuffing ahead of time so I'm not rushing at dinner and can make some yummy sidedish
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 lb button mushroom, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 whole chicken breasts, with skin, split
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- In skillet, heat 1 T oil.
- Saute garlic and shallot 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, cook 4 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and white wine, cook 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add parsley.
- Pull back chicken skin, leaving attached at one end.
- Salt and pepper each breast, then mound 1/3 c stuffing on each.
- Pull the skin back over the stuffing and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in roasting pan and drizzle with 1 T olive oil over the the top.
- Roast until skin is golden brown, about 35 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was good, but perhaps a little too rich for my taste. I made this for Valentine's Dinner for my dh and I. I used boneless skinless breasts and rolled the stuffing into the center, securing it with toothpicks. Otherwise I made no changes. I would make this again, but would sub in chic broth for the wine, or perhaps half broth/half wine. I also think I would lightly roll the chicken breasts in an egg wash and bread crumbs, brown them slightly and then bake. Yummy! Thanks for a great recipe.Reply