Chicken Stroganoff Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A twist on traditional beef stroganoff, and in casserole form.
- Ready In:
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (300 g) box rotini pasta
- Cook noodles until tender in boiling salted water.
- Meanwhile, sautee onions, garlic, and mushrooms.
- Add the chicken and sautee until just cooked through.
- Season with the tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- Remove this mixture from the pan and place in casserole dish.
- Sauce: Deglaze pan with white wine.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add cream cheese and sour cream and stir to combine.
- Thicken sauce with flour (mix with water first to avoid lumps).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over chicken & veggies in casserole dish and mix inches.
- Drain pasta and add to casserole dish and mix inches.
- Topping: Crush cornflakes, and mix with parmesan, garlic salt, and oil.
- Spread on top of casserole.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until topping is golden.
- Serve with a fresh garden salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION