Chicken Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
- Ready In:
1 large bowl
- 1 cup boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter-flavored sprinkles
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cooked spaghetti squash
- Cook chicken in small skillet with no stick cooking spray until no longer pink.
- Add fresh mushrooms to pan and heat through.
- Combine next 9 ingredients in small sauce pan on stove top.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring using a wire whisk until thickened.
- Take off stove top and add chicken and mushroom mixture.
- Heat prepared spaghetti squash.
- Pour Alfredo chicken sauce over top of spaghetti squash.
- Top with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have been sitting on this recipe for ages and finally decided to make it tonight. My modifications- I used canned mushrooms, I doubled the recipe, and I didn't have Mrs. Dash or butter sprinkles. Instead, I added garlic powder and italian seasoning, and used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. I think the addition of ICBINB made it even creamier. This is a seriously simple recipe. While I did the spag squash in the microwave, I prepared the chicken fry-up and the sauce. It thickens beautifully and I will probably make this healthy alternative sauce for other dishes. It was so satisfying, and rather rich. We loved it.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a corrections officer. I have a beautiful baby girl named Zoey Nicole. I live in a small Kansas town. I love to make and dream up new low fat recipes! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg">