Chicken Spaghetti Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Instead of ground beef, this uses ground chicken
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes, including juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups tomato juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked spaghetti, broken into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, for topping
- In a large pot over medium heat, warm the oil.
- Add in the chicken, onions, bell pepper, and garlic; saute, breaking up the chicken with a spoon, until lightly browned and the vegetables are tender, 5-6 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the spaghetti and cheese and simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to med-high add the spaghetti.
- Cook until the spaghetti is tender and the flavors are blended, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and discard.
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION