Chicken Soup for Cats
- Ready In:
- 1 lb chicken giblets or 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 -2 cup chicken broth
- Boil chicken until tender and cooked through.
- Steam green beans.
- Place green beans & chicken in food processor or blender. Blend to a consistency you're comfortable with (my cat refused to eat anything that wasn't cut up for him, so I always went with pureed).
- Add enough chicken broth to make a soup.
- Note: Can be stored in airtight container in refrigerator up to a week. May need to be warmed in microwave before serving leftovers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A great base recipe and a great idea. I didn't have green beans so I used carrots and brown rice instead. I boiled the broth and cooked the rice for ten minutes. I then added the chopped carrots and giblets and cooked for another 10 minutes. Next time I will cook the carrots for 10 mins. and the giblets for less time. Great idea to puree the food; my cats wouldn't eat it otherwise. My cats were happy and I was glad that I wasn't wasted the giblets. Thanks again for the idea! Will make again!!!