Chicken & Shrimp Jambalaya
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a recipe I found on the Land O Lakes website. I haven't tried it yet, but I can't wait to! It sounds great and I'm sure my husband will love it!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb cooked smoked link sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb fresh medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined or 1 lb frozen medium raw shrimp, thawed, peeled, deveined
- Melt butter in 6-quart saucepan or Dutch oven until sizzling; add celery, green pepper, onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender (6 to 8 minutes).
- Add all remaining ingredients except shrimp and hot pepper sauce. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a full boil (5 to 6 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook until rice is fork tender (20 to 25 minutes). Add shrimp; continue cooking until shrimp turn pink (4 to 5 minutes).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION