Chicken Shawarma Salad
photo by jimmyanywhere
- Ready In:
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts
- 8 ounces shredded red cabbage
- 2 ounces cooked garbanzo beans
- 2 ounces sliced green olives
- 4 ounces cucumbers, sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces tahini sauce
- 8 ounces yogurt
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 ounce distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 1 pinch sumaq (to garnish)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut the lettuce into small pieces and then in a salad bowl combine with red cabbage, cucumber, garbanzo beans, sliced olives, tomatoes, vinager, 1 oz of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- cut the chicken breast into thin slices.
- to marinate the chicken , place the chicken in a bowl with 2 oz of yogurt, a pinch of salt , cumin, garlic powder, 1 lemon squeezed, black pepper, 1 oz of vinegar, 1 oz of olive oil , mix well and set it a side for 15 minute.
- place a non stick skillet on stove w medium heat add in 1 table spoon of olive oil and the chicken mixture , stir for 10 min and then cover for 5 min let it simmer.
- in a separate cup add tahini and 1 squeezed lemon and 2 oz of water together a pinch of salt and whip it with a fork until thickens.
- now you could serve the salad topped with the cooked chicken and tahini mix over the chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!