CHICKEN SAUSAGES IN MANGO CURRY
photo by shazzieau
- Ready In:
- 8 chicken sausage
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups mango nectar
- 2 teaspoons mango chutney
- 3 teaspoons curry powder (to taste)
- 200 g canned sliced mangoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons mango nectar
- in a large frypan, on medium heat, cook the sausages. remove from pan and put aside.
- while the sausages are cooking, boil the carrot and potato until just soft. drain and put aside.
- wipe out the same fry pan then on medium heat, saute the onion and garlic in the oil, stirring, until onion is translucent.
- stir in the nectar, curry powder and chutney.
- mix the cornflour with the 2 tablespoons of nectar until smooth. stir into the curry mix , stirring till boiling and thickened. lower temperature to simmer.
- slice the sausages and add to the curry. add the potato and carrot. stir to combine. add salt to taste.
- heat through. when hot, stir through the sliced mango.
- serve with rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just a wife and mother who loves to cook. I still have kids living at home but the others are always here for meals too.I feel like I never get out of the kitchen. If only some one would clean up after me.