Chicken Sausage Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 -4 lbs chicken
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 box long grain rice
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can water or 1 can chicken broth
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- black pepper
- Cook and debone chicken.
- Saute onions and celery for about 4 minutes in a bit of olive oil; add sausage, crumbling it.
- Cook until done, crispy.
- Prepare box of long grain rice per directions.
- (I use Uncle Ben's) Mix all ingrediants together in a 9x13 casserole dish (easiest to do with your hands); you'll likely have some left over that you can put in a smaller baking dish.
- Sprinkle liberally with black pepper Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Freezes VERY WELL.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This had a great flavor, but was runny, for some strange reason. In my quest to clean out the pantry, I topped this with French-fried onions, which helped soak up some of the moisture. I heated some up for lunch today, and it is no longer runny. And like so many casseroles, it's even better on the second day.