Chicken Saltimbocca With Spinach Pappardelle
- Ready In:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6-8oz each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, halved (quartered if large)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet marsala wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- spinach pappardelle pasta
- 8 ounces dry pappardelle noodles (or any wide egg noodles)
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- salt & pepper
- Pound chicken as thin as possible. Sauté 2 pieces of chicken in oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until browned, 3-5 minutes. Turn and cook 2 more minutes, then transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm. Sauté remaining chicken in the same manner.
- Cook mushrooms in the sauté pan over high heat, 5 minutes, or until beginning to brown. Add additional oil as needed to prevent burning.
- Deglaze with marsala, scraping up any browned bits, then add broth and bring to a boil. Simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Off heat, stir in prosciutto, sage, and butter until butter melts. Season with salt and pepper.
Spinach Pappardelle instructions:
- Bring pot of salted water to a boil for the pappardelle (fettuccine or tagliatelle works good too).
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Place spinach, parmesan, and butter in a large bowl. Drain pasta, add to bowl, and toss to coat and wilt spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with chicken and sauce on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!