Chicken Salad Roll-Ups Appetizer (Betty Crocker)
This is from my Betty Crocker party book. It is a great cold appetizer that uses a lot of ingredients that you have on hand. It is a delicious filling that would make a great sandwich too. The strawberry with the nuts and the poppy seed dressing is so flavorful. Enjoy ChefDLH.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 medium green onions, chopped finely (3 tablespoons)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup creamy poppy seed dressing (best quality)
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese spread (from 8oz container)
- 2 flour tortillas (9 or 10 inch size)
- 6 leaves bibb lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry (finely chopped)
- Mix chicken, walnuts, and onions in a food processor bowl. Cover and process by using quick on and off motions until finely chopped.
- Add 1/3 cup of the poppy seed dressing; process only until mixed. Mix remaining dressing and the cream cheese spread in a small bowl with a spoon until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the entire surface of the tortillas.
- Remove white rib from lettuce leaves.
- Press lettuce into the cream cheese, tearing to fit and leaving 2 inches of tortillas uncovered.
- Spread chicken mixture over lettuce.
- Sprinkle strawberries over chicken mixture.
- Firmly roll up tortillas beginning at the bottom.
- Wrap each roll in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least an hour.
- Trim the ends of each roll.
- Cut rolls into 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch slices.