- Ready In:
- 3 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large onions, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, crushed
- 1 inch piece ginger, minced
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 4 bunches spinach, washed & chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 big cardamom pods
- 2 cloves
- 7 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cook the chicken lightly in 4 tablespoons of oil until lightly browned and set aside.
- Put the spinach in a deep pan, add 1/4 cup water. Bring to boil and remove from heat. Drain. When cool, grind in blender and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and add ginger, garlic and onions until lightly brown. Add tomatoes, salt, cayenne, coriander powder, turmeric, cloves, and cardamom. Sprinkle with one tablespoon water. Cook for 10 minutes on low heat. Add chicken and milk. Simmer until the chicken is tender. Add spinach. Cook until spinach starts sticking to pan. Remove from heat. Add butter and cover until ready to serve.
- Best served over spiced Indian Basmati rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The dish is delicious. We both enjoyed it and it certainly is a healthy dish as well. I only added 1T of butter and probably had more spinach and less chicken. (what is a bunch of spinach after all?). And I think it makes more like 8 servings.<br/><br/>It took a lot longer than 40min and I started with cooked checkins breast. Plan on double the time to preare and cook.