Chicken & Rice
Recipe received from a relative. Tip - the drumsticks fit the best if you alternate the direction of the large and small ends throughout the dish.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups converted rice
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix (we use Mrs. Grass)
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups water
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place rice in a layer on the bottom of a 9x13" glass dish.
- Top with mushrooms and water chestnuts.
- Combine onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, and water in a separate bowl, mixing well.
- Place chicken in a layer on top of the rice and vegetables.
- Gently pour soup mixture over the chicken.
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and rice is ready.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation