Chicken Raviolini Soup
- Ready In:
- 6 cups water
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cubed and cooked chicken
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup carrot (Sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) package cheese ravioli or (7 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen broccoli (Thawed)
- grated parmesan cheese, to sprinkle over bowl of soup (optional)
- In a large Dutch oven, combine all ingredients (except the ravioli or tortellini and broccoli). Bring to a boil, then add the ravioli or tortellini.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Add thawed broccoli and simmer for 10 minutes longer, or till broccoli is done.
- Serve (1-1/2 cup servings) hot with parmesan cheese sprinkled over top.
- Great with hot crusty bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Good soup! I used 8 cups of chicken stock (from my freezer stash) and 2 cups water. For the pasta I used 8 oz. of tri-color tortellini and the rest of the recipe I did as written, using low-fat cream of chicken soup. Makes a nice big, flavorful pot of soup, we have enough for another meal. Thanks Darlene, good recipe!
I loved this, but my daughter and husband would only eat a few bites, so I'm averaging that out to three stars. I served this alongside mini Recipe #154943. My raviolini had cheese and spinach in them, so I skipped the broccoli. It was a great combination of flavors and easy to prepare. I'm looking forward to having the leftovers for lunch today!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I would like to let you all know that I am no longer able to review your recipes that I have tried. since they changed the site around webtv does not supprt zaars new site.I have a webtv not a computer and webtv does not support the new recipezaar site. so I will no longer be able to review your great recipes,nor will I be able to put my own recipes on here.Please don't think I wouldn't like to review your recipes,it was one of the nice parts of zaar that I did enjoy doing. So please forgive!!! I am Married to the same guy for 40 years,I Have 2 beautiful Daughters, who have given me 6 grand and glorious grandchildren. I love to cook,in fact you could call it my favorite hobby My pet peeve is telemarketers,Every time I get busy with my recipe hobby one of them will call and knock me off the web,and of coarse I waste precious time getting back on.I am disabled,so I no longer work,and have plenty of time to pursue my hobby. My best dish I make is Lasagna but thats just because I love lasagna.I am also asked to bring No-Bake cookies at all of our potlucks, and linger-longers at church.Meat loaf is another often requested dish I am asked to bring...... NOT MY meatloaf but .... My husbands. He is as good a cook as I am,He can cook anything I can cook, and I can cook anything he can cook,but some things I make better,and some He makes better...So we do a lot of compromising at our house.