Chicken Potato Chowder (Dairy/Soy/Egg/Gluten-Free)
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fines herbes
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 1⁄2 cup baby carrots, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup rice milk (vanilla, sweetened)
- 3 cups water
- 1 (4 g) packet chicken bouillon (instant, sodium-free and glutten-free)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon seasoning salt (with paprika, or to taste)
- Warm olive oil in non-stick skillet on medium heat then add chicken, salt, and pepper to begin cooking it.
- When chicken is barely pink on the outside, add thyme, marjoram and fines herbs.
- Continue cooking chicken until it is just about cooked through, then remove chicken and set aside, keeping warm.
- Add sliced potatoes to skillet. Stir and cook them until slightly brown and mostly cooked through. The oil will be absorbed creating a dry sauté in your skillet.
- Add chopped carrots, onions and ginger. Keep stirring until onions are soft and nearly clear.
- Add rice milk, water and chicken bouillon packet (glutten-free, sodium-free) then stir well.
- While cooking chop up softened potato slices in skillet with utensil.
- Add garlic salt and seasoned salt (to taste if desired).
- Cook down until about half to three-quarter of the liquid is absorbed and liquid mixture resembles a chowder.
- Serve hot or warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!