Chicken Pot Pie With Cheese Biscuit Top
photo by Seasoned Cook
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 cups salt water
- 2 tablespoons onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 small potatoes, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (6 ounce) can of 5 flakey biscuits (I use Hungry Jack)
- Cook chicken breasts in salted water until done. Cool and chop.
- In same water cook onions, celery, carrots and potatoes until almost done, then drain, reserving 1/2 cup of broth.
- In a bowl mix 1/4 cup sour cream (no more) with soup and 1/2 cup broth. Fold in chopped chicken, vegetables and soup mixture. Pour into a 3 quart casserole baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese over mixture. Open biscuits and separate each in half to make 10 biscuits, a "must do" because I have found they don't get completely done in the middle if left whole. Cover top of casserole with the 10 biscuits pieces.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes until biscuits are brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Thanks for taking the time to stop by My Page! I am married to a quiet, but fun loving guy who cleans up the kitchen!! I have grandchildren who I adore. I am retired from being a paralegal and a real estate agent. I have also been a substitute teacher for the elementary grades in the public school system. All of my recipes are the tried and true type. Many of them have come from my 48 years of cooking, my mother's recipe box or other relatives. I like Taste of Home magazine and I am a big fan of foodnetworkTV. I am a southern girl and enjoy comfort foods!!! I am a big cookbook collector and have been for years. I enjoy baking desserts most of all. I also enjoy games on my laptop, growing flowers, lunches with friends, babysitting grandchildren, photography and traveling. Since life is so short I try to count my blessings each day and give to the less fortunate. I had gotten into a rut on what to cook. Therefore, I am so happy I found the Recipezaar site. Pet Peeve: People with a negative attitude. MY RATING SYSTEM: 5 stars - Excellent in taste. May have minor change. 4 stars - Adjustment in ingredients for flavor. 3 stars - Fair, but not sure whether I would repeat. 2 and 1 stars - I do NOT give. Zaar EVENTS IN WHICH I PARTICIPATED: Aus/NZ Swaps #15,#16 April, May 2008 Aus/NZ Swaps #20#21#22 Sept Oct Nov 2008</p>