Chicken Pot Pie (Southern Living '70's)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 3 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 pie crust
- Make a roux with the melted butter and flour; cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth, salt and pepper; cook until thickened and bubbly. Add chicken, eggs, vegetables and mix.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 12x8x2 baking dish. Put on crust and brush with egg/water mixture. Cut slits in the crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden .
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!