Chicken Pot Pie Bundles
These little Pot Pie Bundles are easy to prepare and delicious too... This is a kid friendly recipe, that the whole family will enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1 c.)
- 1⁄2 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1/2 c.)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb chicken breast halve, boneless, skinless, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth, I use low sodium
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 egg roll wraps (NOT the smaller wonton wrappers)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Heat 1 T. of the oil in a large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat.
- Add carrot and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in the chicken, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until the chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Place the broth and cornstarch in a bowl, and whisk until well combined.
- Add to the skillet along with the peas and corn, and bring the liquid to a simmer, stirring constantly. Continue to simmer and stir gently until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- To prepare the bundles, use a muffin pan with 12 medium-size cups (do not coat with nonstick cooking spray).
- Gently place 1 egg roll wrap into each cup, letting it extend over the sides.
- Place a generous 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture into each wrap, and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Fold the corners up and over the top of the filling and press to seal the edges (it doesn’t have to be perfect!).
- Brush the remaining oil on top of each bundle.
- Bake until golden and crisp,12-15 minutes.
- Cool slightly before eating.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION