Chicken Pot Pie
This is Betty Crocker's chicken pot pie version with a couple minor adjustments. It's a great recipe! We gobble up this pie and frown a bit upon realizing the last slice is gone. Homemade crust sends this over the top...but use pre-made crusts if you'd like. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (like Season All)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup cooked potato
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 standard pastry for double-crust pie
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat buttter in 3 quart saucepan over medium heat until melted; stir in flour and spices.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Carefully add chicken broth and half-n-half in a thin stream while stirring to incorporate.
- Stir constantly until thickened and beginning to bubble.
- Add vegetables and chicken. Mix. Remove from heat.
- Pour chicken mixture into bottom pie shell.
- Cover with top pie shell. Seal edges; prick steam holes.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbly/steaming.
- Let stand a few minutes before cutting.