Chicken Pizza With Caramelized Red Onion
This recipe comes from the local newspaper. The combination of flavors on this pizza is like a party in your mouth with every bite!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large red onion, quartered & sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- 7 ounces feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh fresh parsley
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skilet over medium heat.
- Add onions and stir- cook until transparent.
- Stir in brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, garlic, oregano & basil.
- Continue to stir- cook until liquid has evaporated (about 10 minutes) and onions are caramelized.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat oven at 400°F.
- Spread onions over pizza crust.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and spread over onions.
- Sprinkle with feta, parsley& chopped tomatoes.
- Bake for 10-15 mintues or until crust is brown and crisp.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was my selection for NZ/OZ recipe swap #14. It was a wonderful choice. The only changes I made were in using Splenda brown sugar substitute, as I am diabetic and some of the methods. I put the onions, b. sugar and butter and balsamic, with the herbs, in a crock pot over night, to find them perfectly caramelized in the morning. Lazy of me! Then I preheated the oven to 500 degrees F, put two gluten-free crusts on the baking sheets, put just a bit of olive oil on each crust, baking them for 4 minutes to make them crisp. Took them out of the oven and adorned them as you instructed. Turned the oven down to 450 degrees F and baked the pizzas 10 minutes. Your combinations of brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, onions, garlic and herbs, were perfection itself. Feta is about my most favorite of the cheese kingdom. Thank you for posting!
MMMmmmm! This recipe was perfect because I had some leftover chicken, a tiny bit of feta that needed using up and half a can of leftover diced tomatoes. The leftovers went together perfectly for this recipe. I used recipe# 8497 for the crust but I only made half the recipe as I am the only one in the family to like feta. I forgot the parsley and it was still delish! Thanks for sharing this recipe!