- Ready In:
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (4 ounce) Italian sausages
- 4 ounces salted butter
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapenos or 1 fresh jalapeno, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning (combined dried basil and oregano)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces dry cooking sherry
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef stock
- 1 lb cooked egg noodles or 1 lb cooked fettuccine
- Wash and peel the potatoes, then quarter and slice the quarters into 1/4 inch sections, producing triangle shaped pieces. Wash and core the bell peppers, then cut them into 1x1 inch pieces.
- Wash the chicken and pat dry. Cut the chicken into strips. Cut each sausage link on the bias into 4 pieces.
- In a nonstick 14 inch saute pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and sausage and brown for about 5 minutes. Once the sausage is browned, add the chicken, and brown on all sides, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken is browned, reduce the heat to medium and add all of the bell peppers, the jalapenos and potatoes. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning and a good pinch of black pepper. Saute on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the peppers and potatoes are cooking. melt the butter in a small saute pan. Stir in the flour and cook it until the roux is light golden brown, about 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low.
- In the pan with the chicken, slowly add the sherry, avoiding the open flame, to deglaze pan.
- Combine the roux with the chicken pan mixture and stir well. Add 1 can of beef stock and stir to combine.
- Continue to stir occasionally while simmering on low heat for 20 minutes. Mixture should thicken while simmering, add more beef stock if you wish thinner gravy. Before serving, season again.
- When ready to serve, portion the noodles and serve the Chicken Pisano mixture over them.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!