Chicken Piccata Fettuccine
photo by Chouny
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (to brown chicken)
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (to saute mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon butter (to saute mushrooms)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 lemon zest
- 1⁄2 lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 lb fettuccine, cooked 'al dente'
- Rince chicken, melt oil in large skillet and brown chicken strips until golden.
- Finish cooking chicken in warm oven (300F) while preparing the sauce.
- In same skillet, melt oil & butter and brown mushrooms until soft and golden. Add garlic, cook for 5 minutes.
- Deglaze your skillet with chicken broth and wine. Add lemon zest, lemon juice and capers. Cook for approximately 5 minutes. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- In small bowl, mix corn starch with cold water until disolved. Pour in skillet, bring to a good simmer and whisk frequently until sauce thickens. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Cook fettuccine in salted water.
- Serve chicken and sauce over warm fettuccine, sprinkle with fresh parsley and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a meal right out of Heaven! We were literally on cloud 9 while eating. The flavors are "To Die For" and if you try it, you will see exactly what I mean! This has already very happily been added to my favorites, and the kids said they can't wait to have it again, so I have to make sure I have the recipe handy! I used Riesling wine for this and was glad I did. It was excellent!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I really enjoy cooking and discovering recipes and original flavours in foods. Apart from a few classics, I take great pleasure searching for new ideas and recipes on the net. Having been part of the health food industry for many years, my recipes tend to reflect that healthy feel. Hope you enjoy the few recipes I’ve posted yet! <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">