Chicken Pepperpot Soup Disney's Boma
- Ready In:
- 1 gallon chicken stock or 1 gallon chicken broth
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup spinach or 1 cup collard greens, rough chopped
- 4 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 cup mushroom, diced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Cook diced chicken until half done. Set aside.
- Heat chicken stock, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, and hot sauce.
- Add all of the vegetables and the chicken. Cook until the vegetables are done.
- Add spinach when ready to serve. Drizzle with the sesame oil when serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I thought at first there might be too much soy sauce in the broth and that there was too much broth (as I like a thicker soup). I made half the recipe and used 2 whole chicken breasts, added some okra I had left over, and a whole bunch of chopped spinach instead of 1 cup. It ended up with just the right thickness and is very good. The broth is great though you won't need more salt. Perfect for a cold, wet evening.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am lucky to live about 10 minutes from Walt Disney World in central Florida. I work from home as a graphic designer and sometimes sell things on eBay. I love hands on activities likes arts & crafts, scrapbooking and vacuuming. lol I started really cooking last year when I found this website. Before that is was a lot of frozen dinners and take out. The good news is I really love cooking & feeding people I love.