- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded parmesean regiano cheese
- 1⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup coursely shredded parmesean regiano cheese
- 4 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large chicken breasts, subsitute smaller breasts ok (about 12oz each)
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- In one bowl combine 1/4 cup p.r cheese and 1/3 bread crumbs in second bowl combine1/4c pr cheese with 4tbls bread crumbs in third bowl place whisked egg and water.
- Pound chicken breasts to an even thickness. Dregg in first bowl, wash with egg mixture and dregg in second cheese.
- The idea here is the first finely shredded p.r. cheese will put the first coat of parmesean flavor onto the chicken, the second more coursely shredded parmesean cheese gives that final coat of good parmesean flavor. Also, this second coat produces a great crispy crust to the chicken. Using medium heat pan fry with evoo and butter on both sides until crispy. Time will depend on thickness of chicken, probably around 4-5 min per side. Once finished place on cookie sheet with wire rack and place monteray jack cheese ontop and broil until lightly brown and bubbly. Serve with marinara and maybe a side of penne or spaghetti. Easy but there are alot of dishes but so worth it and you'll actually taste the parmesean cheese!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've been cooking since I was about 10. I started baking after I attended the Cooking and Hospitality Institue of Chicago, a Cordon Bleau program in Oct of 2008. I've let my inner pastry chef out! Instead of cringing over baking I now know the basics of what baking is all about, and I love it! Though I'll still eat out occasionally, I prefer my own food and have friends and family over. I love to see people's faces when the take the first bite and just have this look of amazement. Yes, I've had a few flubs, but overall they all say, this is the best I've ever had. Knowing the restaurant these people spend their money on, its truly a complement. Look out Tru! Billy Starr might just start his own True! te he he he. I love helping other people so if you have a question or looking for something different, send me an email!