Chicken Parmesan Hoagie Sandwich
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce (I use Authentic Italian Tomato Sauce)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls
- canned jalapeno (optional)
- olive oil (for frying)
- Add the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a Ziplock bag and shake to mix well.
- Pour into a low flat bowl or onto some waxed paper.
- Drop each chicken breast into the beaten egg and dredge in the breadcrumb, Parmesan cheese and herb mixture.
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat in a pan.
- Add the breaded chicken breasts, two at a time so as not to over-crowd the pan.
- Cook on medium high heat for about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove breasts to a paper towel-lined plate and fry the other two chicken breasts.
- Place the cooked chicken breasts on a baking dish and cover each breast with 1/4 cup tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over each one.
- Place in a 400-degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or long enough to melt the cheese and get the tomato sauce nice and hot.
- I add the hoagie rolls to the oven when there is about 5 minutes left to get them nice and toasty and crusty.
- Slice the hoagie rolls, add the chicken Parmesan breast and top with sliced jalapenos, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm always on the hunt for great, healthy recipes for my family of picky eaters! NOTE TO ANYONE READING THIS: If you see any reviews by a fellow named Alan Leonetti, please disregard anything that spews from his fingers. He is simply leaving retaliatory reviews without ever having tried anything. You can read my HONEST review of his gross lasagna and see why he's now acting like a child in the school yard. LoL Some people are just too funny.