This is a very simple, yet elegant entree which is especially nice for a romantic meal. It's best if you can find fresh dungeness crab, but even canned crab will work. This is a popular dish served in restaurants on the West coast.
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup crabmeat
- 12 asparagus spears, cooked
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package hollandaise sauce mix
- Place chicken between 2 pieces of wax paper on a cutting board and pound very thin.
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Heat the butter in a heavy skillet. Dip the chicken pieces lightly in the seasoned flour and shake off excess.
- When the butter stops foaming, add the chicken and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, until golden. Remove to a heated serving platter as the remaining pieces are cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the hollandaise sauce per package directions. Keep warm.
- Cover each slice of chicken with crabmeat and top with 3 asparagus spears.
- Drizzle hollandaise sauce over asparagus and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This was positively delicious and destined to be in my "best of 2015" list. I used rather thick chicken, so it took closer to 25 minutes total cooking time, but other than I followed the recipe as written and wouldn't change a thing when I make this again. It's wonderful! Thanks for sharing your recipe, lazyme.
On of my very favorite dishes on earth and for some reason, I have not had it in years. Cwazy! I substituted Knoor Bearnaise sauce (personal preference), leftover cooked jumbo shrimp but the otherwise made as suggested. Served with rice, extra asparagus, salad, wine :D, French silk pie & chocolate covered strawberries. Just wonderful for our post Valentines dinner. Cheers