Chicken Olive Calzones
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, 8 ounces
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup ripe olives, pitted, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese, tub style, with chives and onion
- 10 ounces pizza dough
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup spaghetti sauce (optional)
- For filling, in a medium bowl combine chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, celery, ripe olives, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir in cream cheese. Set aside.
- For calzones, unroll pizza dough. On lightly floured surface roll dough into a 15x10-inch rectangle. Cut into six 5-inch squares. Divide chicken-olive filling among the squares. Brush edges with water. Lift one corner and stretch dough over to the opposite corner. Seal edges of dough well with tines of a fork. Arrange calzones on a greased baking sheet. Prick tops with a fork. In a small bowl combine egg and 1 tablespoon water; brush over the calzones. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with heated spaghetti sauce, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note