Chicken Noodle and Wild Rice Soup
Recipe from Reams Noodles but I added more veggies. This is soo good! It is similar to Panera breads creamy chicken noodle. The kids liked it too. I make some and freeze the uneaten in separate bowls so I have a quick lunch.
- Ready In:
- 80 ounces chicken broth
- 12 ounces egg noodles (Pkg. frozen)
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) box wild rice mix (quick cook)
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (diced)
- 1 cup carrot (diced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- In large pan or dutch oven combine 9 cups chicken broth( reserve 1 cup for later), carrots, celery,and onion. Bring to a boil.
- Add Frozen egg noodles and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat cover and simmer for 15 minute.
- Add rice and seasoning packet and cook for 5 minute.
- In a small bowl stir together 1 cup of reserved broth, flour, salt, pepper,poultry seasoning till smooth.
- Add the flour mixture slowly to the soup pot stirring constantly.
- Bring to boiling; cook 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly.
- Slowly add half and half to soup stirring constantly.
- Add diced chicken.
- Heat through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more