Chicken & Mushroom Crepe Casserole
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, 1 tablespoon for greasing pan
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated, plus extra for topping
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, grated, plus extra for topping
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine flour and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Once combined, slowly pour in water and milk.
- Stir well and add melted butter and salt.
- Place a small frying pan (7-8 inches) over medium-high heat and melt 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Once hot, pour 1/4-1/3 cup batter into the pan, swirling so it evenly coats the bottom, and cook until golden brown. About 2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter and set crepes aside.
- Preheat oven to 350∫ F and rub halved garlic all over the inside of 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mushroom soup and cheeses.
- Stir and fold in shredded chicken, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of mixture into each crepe and roll it up like a burrito.
- Cut crepes in half (or into thirds if they’re large) and carefully transfer to baking dish. Place them close together so they stand upright.
- Sprinkle extra cheese over the top of casserole.
- Put baking dish in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"