Chicken Mozzarella Panini With Red Peppers and Onions
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- olive oil
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Morton nature seasons seasoning blend
- butoni basil pesto
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- Flatten chicken breasts and season them with Natures Seasoning and Olive oil. Let marinate while doing the next steps.
- Cut the red peppers into 5 wedges per pepper so they can lay flat on grill or you can substitute sliced sun dried tomatoes right out of the jar instead of peppers. These are ready to put right on the sandwich without grilling if you prefer.
- Slice the red onion into rings.
- Coat the onions and peppers with olive oil.
- Heat up your grill for panini on high. I use the Cuisinart Griddler I just got and it is excellent because it adjusts evenly to the thickness of whatever you are cooking.
- Season chicken with Morton Natures Seasoning and oregano. Grill the chicken breasts first- 2 at a time with top of grill down which will leave perfect grill lines. Take off when done and put on plate.
- Grill red peppers (flat) and next grill the red onion rings. Place on plate.
- Clean off grill. I add a little olive oil or Pam to grill with a piece of paper towel before grilling sandwiches.
- Spread a good amount of the Pesto on the top half of each sandwich.
- Layer the panini. Chicken breast, Red pepper or sun dried tomatoes, Red onion slices, 1 slice of mozzarella cheese - Make sure everything fits perfectly within the size of the bread you are using.
- Top each panini with the top half you have already spread the Pesto on.
- Carefully place the sandwiches on grill (I can fit 2 at a time) and smoosh down if needed. Bread will have lines, cheese will be melted, and the sandwich will be nice and hot and perfect when ready!
- There are other variations to this. My son is not crazy about Pesto -- so he just used Chicken, Mozzarella cheese and Paul Newman's jarred Marinara sauce and sprinkled Parmesan cheese on top of the sauce on his instead and Loved It!
- A Chicken Parmesan Panini!
- Hope you like it!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a realtor from South Florida I love to cook for my family and entertain. I love trying out and inventing new recipes.