Chicken Mole With Cilantro Lime Rice and Beans
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Chicken and rice - ready in an hour
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice
- 1 onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 2 lbs boneless skinless, chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 limes
- Rinse rice in strainer until water runs clear. Bring rice, 2 1/4 cups water, and to simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 16 to 18 minutes.
- While rice cooks, chop onion and drain tomatoes. Microwave oil, raisins, chili powder, cocoa, and onion in bowl, stirring occaisionally, until onions is softened, about three minutes. Process broth, peanut butter, tomatoes, and onion mixture in blender until smooth, about 1 minute. Transfer puree to 12 inch skillet; set aside.
- Drain and rinse beans. When rice is finished cooking, add beans, cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile trim chicken, pat dry. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet with sauce and bring to simmmer over medium heat. Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium low and cook until chicken is done and sauce is thickened.
- While chicken cooks, mince cilantro. Grate 1 teaspoon lime zest and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice from lime. Cut remaining lime into wedges.
- Add 1/4 cup cilantro and lime zest and juice to rice and beans, fluff with fork to combine. Sprinkle chicken with remaining cilantro and serve with rice and beans.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION