Chicken Milanese (Olive Garden Copycat)
photo by ElizabethKnicely
- Ready In:
SAUCE and PASTA
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup spinach, chopped
- tortellini, cooked according to package directions
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- FLATTEN chicken breasts betwen 2 sheets of plastic wrap by pounding gently until chicken is approximately 1/2-inch thick.
- WHISK eggs and milk together in a flat-bottom bowl.
- MIX breadcrumbs, cheese, fresh parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic and pepper. Transfer to a flat plate.
- DREDGE chicken in flour, coating both sides. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, coating both sides. Dredge in breadcrumb mixture, coating completely on both sides. Set aside.
- MELT butter in sauce pan over medium heat.
- ADD minced garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add flour and stir until well-blended.
- ADD white wine, chicken broth, heavy cream and cheese. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture starts to thicken.
- ADD roasted garlic, pepper and salt. Stir until well blended.
- ADD tomatoes and spinach to sauce and allow to simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes, stiring frequently.
- HEAT olive oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Add breaded chicken to pan and cook until both sides are golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- ADD cooked, drained tortellini pasta to sauce and blend well.
- TRANSFER chicken to a large platter and serve with hot, creamy tortellini.
- GARNISH with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
29 year old wife and mother of 3 who is obsessed with meal planning.