photo by SavvyCook411
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cleaned and rinsed and split down the middle)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 medium russet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 10 ounces arugula or 10 ounces mixed greens
- 1⁄2 - 1 1/2-1 cup vegetable oil or 1/2-1 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place cleaned and rinsed chicken breasts on a flat protected surface. To butterfly each chicken breast, place your knife at the uppermost part of the chicken breast and make a cut about 4 inches in and follow it down towards the tail end of the chicken breast. Continue to slice into the chicken breast making each half as even as possible without separating them. Pat each split chicken breast dry with a paper towel and season with salt, pepper and lemon pepper on both sides. Coat each chicken breast with all purpose flour and shake off excess. Pre-heat a skillet to medium heat and add 1/2 to a cup of cooking oil depending on the depth of the skillet. Pan sear each chicken breast on either side until golden brown and fully cooked through (roughly 3 minutes per side). Let chicken breasts drain on paper towel before serving(approx.2 min.).
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into wedges. Place them on a sheet pan with parchment paper. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Roast in a 325 degree oven until fork tender. approximately 20 minutes.
- Open the 10 oz. of arugula or mixed greens and pour into a mixing bowl. Add the sliced, quartered tomatoes and Italian dressing or dressing of choice. Sprinkle of black pepper is optional. Gently toss salad together and divide about 2 ounces per plate.
- The finishing sauce for the chicken breasts: Using the pan drippings from the cooked chicken breasts, return the skillet to a moderate heat. Stirring with a spatula or spoon add 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, and four sliced garlic cloves. Cook for approximately 1 minute. Place each chicken breast on Plate and drizzle some of the sauce on top of each one. Next, place potato wedges alongside each chicken breast. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Homemade, Delicious, Satisfying. From my kitchen to your tummy!