Chicken Medallions With Capers and Tomatoes
- Ready In:
- 2 -4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, course ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons small capers
- 1 teaspoon caper juice
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons finely snipped fresh oregano
- cut each chicken breast crosswise into thirds, cutting on a bias. Place chicken in a single layer in large resealable plastic bag. Using the flat of Meat Tenderizer, flatten chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Combine flour, salt, black pepper in shallow dish.
- Dredge chicken lightly in flour mixture;shake off excess.
- Heat oil and 1 tsp of the butter in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place chicken in skillet; saute about 6 mins or until browned and cooked through, turning once.
- Remove chicken from skillet;cover and keep warm.
- Add garlic and shallot to Skillet; cook 1 min or until tender. Remove Skillet from heat;add wine.
- Stir to loosen browned bits from bottom of Skillet using a Whisk.
- Return to heat;simmer 1 minute Add caper juice and tomatoes; stir until heated through.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in remaining 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp of the oregano.
- Return chicken to skillet; coat well with sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp oregano.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a senior at Penn State University and I enjoy cooking so much I decided to live off campus so I would be able to cook...and have some privacy. I was born in Florida,and I've lived in Virginia, Guam, Texas...not in that order. I'm in Pennsylvania for school but I permanently live in Virginia. While living in such diverse places I found a great appreciation for local cuisine. I love to experiment with food on my friends and my fiancee. <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">