Chicken Lettuce 'Tacos' With a Sweet Chili and Peanut Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 750 g chicken breast fillets, cut into lengthwise strips
- salt and pepper, to taste
Sweet Chili and Peanut Sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- bibb lettuce cup
- cucumber, thinly sliced in julienne strips
- carrot, shredded
- spring onion, thinly sliced
- cilantro, chopped
- rice or cellophane noodle, prepared according to package direction
- dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- In a mini-processor, whizz together garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, olive oil and ginger until all combined and pureed. Put chicken strips into a ziploc bag, pour in marinade. Distribute to coat chicken well with marinade. Place in refrigerator and forget for 3-5 hours. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before you are ready to cook it to bring closer to room temperature.
- Drain everything in the ziploc bag directly into a hot teflon saute pan. Cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 8 minutes. The marinade will have reduced into a glaze, just coating the chicken. Season, carefully (there's already soy sauce in the marinade). Empty the chicken out onto a serving platter.
- To make the Sweet Chili Sauce, combine all the ingredients in a blender/food processor and puree until smooth. Pour into a small bowl.
- At table: Have chicken on one platter and the lettuce cups with all the other vegetables and rice noodles on another. Don't forget the Sweet Chili Sauce and the bowl of chopped peanuts. Allow free rein for creativity and great flavor packed into healthful oriental-style 'tacos'!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These lettuce wraps are absolutely delish! Loved all the flavors; especially the chili sauce. I marinated the chicken overnight and had no problem with saltiness from the soy sauce. Took the advice of one reviewer and added some chopped peanuts to the chili sauce. This makes a wonderful light lunch that is very satisfying. Made for ZWT9.