Chicken, Lemon and Dill With Orzo
- Ready In:
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (to grease the baking dish)
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 2 cups feta, crumbed (4 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saucepan, bring broth, 3/4 cup water, butter, salt, and pepper to a boil.
- In a greased 3-quart baking dish (for example, 9" x 13"), combine chicken, orzo, feta, dill, lemon zest, and juice.
- Pour broth mixture over orzo and stir once to incorporate.
- Bake until orzo is tender and cooking liquid is creamy, 40 minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan on top and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I only came to cooking in my 50s, when we moved home to a tiny town with only a few restaurants. I'm always on the hunt for easy, flavorful recipes (often ethnic cuisines), and I'm always ready to try something new and different! In cold weather I gravitate to stews, soups, and casseroles of the not-too-heavy kind; in hot weather I love a salad or cold soup. Partly because of my husband's diabetes (I'm borderline) and partly out of indolence, baking is not my thing.