Chicken in Wine Sauce
photo by Brenda.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 2 ounces sliced almonds
- Place chicken in caserole dish.
- Put sliced mushrooms over chicken.
- To make sauce: Mix soup, sour cream, sherry, salt and pepper in a bowl until smooth.
- Pour souce over the chicken and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle the top with the almonds and paprika.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful chicken dish!! I made using 3 large boneless skinless chicken breast and made the sauce as written. My son doesn't care for nuts, so I sprinkled the almonds on 2/3's of it. This is very quick and simple to get together and in the oven but fancy enough to serve for company. Thanks for sharing your MIL's recipe!! Made for Spring PAC 09.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I grew up in a suburb of Detroit. Since I graduated from Michigan State University, my husband and I have lived in Indiana, Tennessee, and now Ohio. I love to cook, and try new things. I have a group of friends that get together every weekend and cook. I have three children, and work full time as a Packaging Engineer. So, I am never bored, cooking relaxes me after a stressful week. One of my favorite things to do (besides spending time with my family and BFF's) is go to our local farmers market in the summer, get fresh ingredients to cook. <br /><img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg" alt="" /><img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg" alt="" /><img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg" alt="" /></p>