Chicken in Salsa
photo by Hill Family
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Remove the skin from the chicken pieces. If you leave it on it will NOT crisp but rather will become unpleasantly soggy -- even downright rubbery.
- Arrange chicken pieces on a baking sheet.
- Top each piece with a tbs of your favorite salsa. I prefer the Pace brand and usually use medium heat.
- Bake at 350 about 45-60 minute or until chicken is tender.
- Top each piece with shredded cheese.
- Return to oven for about 5-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and browning.
- I like to serve these with either white rice or cornbread and a green salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It's hard to believe that something so simple and easy can be so good. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts (because that's what I had handy), and considerably more than a tablespoon of salsa per piece. Delicious. I'll use it again with other chicken pieces, and I'll use it with the breasts for my next dinner party (yes, it's that good!).