Chicken In Peanut Sauce
- Ready In:
- Cut chicken into serving size pieces (8 pieces).
- Combine the onion, garlic and butter in a shallow microwave proof dish.
- Cook on High for 3 minutes.
- Stir in Peanut butter, stock, honey, mustard and curry powder.
- Add the chicken in a single layer.
- Cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with boiled rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I didn't make this in the microwave, and I changed the quantities on a few ingredients - but I have to give high marks for the incredibly delicious flavor combo! I sprinkled my pieces of pounded chicken breast with salt and pepper, sauteed in butter and olive oil with the onions and garlic. Removed to platter. Stirred in 3/4 c. chicken broth, 3 T. peanut butter, 2 T. honey, 2 tsp. Dijon mustard and 1/2 tsp. curry powder. Stirred until nicely thick, returned chicken to pan and simmered about 10 more minutes. Served on a platter garnished with scallions and fresh parsley, and crushed peanuts. Passed rice to go with. Everyone devoured this and I couldn't have done it without this great recipe! Thank you!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live near Newcastle on the east coast of Australia. I'm 43 years old. My passions are reading, writing and drawing. Also keeping fit and sharing interests with sons. (Hence the Tomboy nick). Cooking and housework are not my favourite things, but I still like to eat...so all my recipes are fast and easy! I'm a strong believer in the idea that great food doesn't have to be complicated. Please feel free to email me at email@example.com