Chicken in Cilantro Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 small bell peppers (I prefer the taste of poblano peppers)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1/12 pounds total)
- 2 cups tomato sauce (two 8-ounce cans)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Slice peppers crosswise into rings.
- Lightly saute in oil in large skillet.
- Remove peppers; drain on paper towels.
- Brown chicken on both sides in oil remaining in skillet.
- Place remaining ingredients in blender jar.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour over chicken in skillet.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; boil gently 5 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Place chicken on serving platter.
- Arrange peppers on top.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Great Flavor and appearance. The chicken comes out looking a bit like Chicken Mole but one bite tells you Umm Umm this is different but oh so good. I don't think that everyone will enjoy the cilantro flavor but it is a favorite of mine. I used hot peppers a mixture of Jalapeno and serrano nice combo with the cilantro. I made the sauce and browned the chicken early in the PM then cooked it on medium heat covered for apprx 20 minutes just before serving. Thanks RMess for an excellent recipe.