Chicken in a Hot Dog Bun
- Ready In:
- 6 hot dog buns, soft
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 tablespoons salad dressing (Miracle Whip)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Butter the outside of each hot dog bun and grill in a hot skillet until golden brown on each side, about a minute per side; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cooked chicken, celery, lettuce, salad dressing, salt and pepper. Lightly toss.
- Stuff each bun with chicken mixture.
- Makes 6 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.