Chicken Gumbo Pot Pie
photo by TARGETreg Recipes
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (1 lb) package carrot chips
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning or 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 ready-to-roll pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spice mix and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the stewed tomatoes and bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the juices release and evaporate, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken and cook until the meat just loses its pink color, about 3 minutes.
- Unroll the crust and center over the chicken-vegetable filling in the skillet; poke 3 slits in the dough. Transfer to the oven and bake until the crust is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!