Chicken Fried Biscuits and Gravy
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- Place chicken breasts in plastic bag with 2 cups buttermilk. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Cook buttermilk biscuits as directed on package. Once done, keep warm in the oven.
- In skillet, brown breakfast sausage. Do NOT drain.
- Once cooked, add 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 teaspoons browning seasoning and 2 cups milk. Keep on med-low and mix. (You may add more flour or milk for desired consistency).
- While browning sausage, heat shortening in electric skillet to 350°F
- In bowl, mix 2 cups flour and seasoning salt (optional).
- Dip each chicken breast in the flour mixture to coat.
- Place in the electric skillet and cook until center is no longer pink, turning once.
- Cut buttermilk biscuit in half and place on plate.
- Place fried chicken breast on top of biscuit.
- On top of chicken, sprinkle cheddar cheese.
- Pour gravy on top and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!